Sunday, March 24

Searching for Perceval

We set off at dawn. Only 3 of us formed the rescue party; Veeyar,Marnid and myself. Of the others at the bar, Veeyar would only mention that they demanded a sum greater than their worth. Could we take on a strong bandit group with only 3 of us?

Finding the right bandits proved to be more of a problem. Many villagers on the way north could attest to bandit activity, but nothing fitting the description of the bandit leader Veeyar had fought.

A lucky find when talking to a traveller revealed that Perceval must have made an escape. He had sold his bow to afford a horse to ride north to Dolocauthi with. We headed that way too and with only the 3 of us travelling light we made great time and outran any roaming bandits.

Sure enough, Perceval had made it to Dolocauthi and we came upon him at the tavern. A strong character with solid experience in fighting. His demeanor is inspiring with a strong passion for chivalry. One such as he riding under the banner of Veeyar speaks well for both men, and I see why Veeyar wanted him back at his side.

Marnid has proven to be a bartering genius and puts me to shame. I'm sure I'll learn from his eforts, but my contribution to the party may lie more with medicine. I used to dabble with herbs and unguents on the farm and have even trained under a surgeon for animals. Hopefully my skills in this area won't be relied on, but the campfire stories may mean combat is not far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment